Video of Terminator Salvation
It’s over here, and the production designer brags that there will be ten new terminator models. I’m of two minds with regards to this project. In its favour:
- they are disregarding the third film in the franchise
- since the first film, haven’t we been waiting to see actual details of the robocalypse and the subsequent resistance?
- there’s a mech-sized giant robot terminator
- Christian Bale
On the other hand, consider the following reasons it could suck:
- there’s a muscly humanoid chain-gunning terminator. Why? Humanoid robots are cool and all but presumably SkyNet is rational and wouldn’t build a complicated human skeleton if a turret on wheels would do. There are warning signs that this film is going to be, like, cool action and stuff, that doesn’t really make sense when you think about things for more than a half second and doesn’t do justice to the first two films.
- there’s a mech-sized giant robot terminator. See above reason.