Dream Review #8
- I am a crew member on a film of unknown identity. I sneak into the dressing room of Prince and Francis Ford Coppola – they’re sharing a room. I rifle through their files: apparently I am a spy.
- other, vaguer things happen. There is some chasing; I’m trying to hide someone because “it’s not safe” (I actually said this out loud). Maybe Prince and Coppola are after me?
- I enter someone’s RV and it’s actually a theme park, or I enter someone’s theme park and it’s actually an RV – my dream expectations are unclear. Basically, it’s a homemade spaceship-themed ride. There are actors playing the pilots, they wear shoddy space gear. Someone added space dials and space readouts to the walls, but there’s woodgrain behind it and it’s painfully obvious the design job was too cheap to convince even the youngest child that this is anything other than a crappily decorated RV. Also, there are two cats wearing virtual reality headsets. They are completely engrossed.
- I regret waiting so long before writing this one out, as I’m sure it might have been clearer. Also, this was one of my favourite dreams to date. Only upon waking did I realize how strange certain things were: how would Prince and Coppola get along? Was Coppola directing? Was Prince starring? What would cat VR be like? etc.
- Especially interesting was the recurrence of non-home spaces: dressing room, mobile home. ‘Trailer’ is one stop away from each.
- This dream seemed to prefigure things. I had this dream before I watched Jeepers Creepers – maybe
- I had this post saved as a draft for months. Now I can’t remember what the dream has to do with Jeepers Creepers, but nonetheless I still consider it one of my finest dreams. I give it five stars.