Angry Robot

The rise of American authoritarianism

Interesting, although there’s something circular in its reasoning. Also, how will it apply in the general election? 44% of Americans are authoritarians, but if 55% of republicans are authoritarians will the other 45% non-authoritarian republicans vote Trump? Will the 30% or whatever of Democrat authoritarians vote against their party? Will that be outweighed by non-white authoritarians who probably won’t vote Trump no matter what?

• March 4, 2016, 12:54 pm |