Here’s Apple’s iOS 8 Overview site. And here’s the site for OS X Yosemite. I’m more psyched about both new OSes than I have been for any in a while. My favourite upcoming features, which all solve problems that I’ve faced quite recently:
- iCloud Drive, in which iCloud acts like Dropbox, and the related
- iCloud Photo Library, in which Photo Stream is replaced by something that works the way you’d want
- Spotlight on both OSes is much more like Quicksilver or LaunchBar and looks to be much more useful (and bypasses Google quite a bit)
- Continuity, in which things you’re doing on one device can be easily picked up on another (still not clear how the UI will work)
- They opened a lot more of iOS up to developers, including share sheets, notification center and documents, meaning complex workflows will get a lot easier.
- Family Sharing, in which sharing media among a family’s different Apple IDs isn’t a bewildering hellstorm
In other news, The OS X design flattening is quite tasteful (font: Helvetica Neue). Finally, I’m not a developer but I’m excited for Siracusa that a new programming language has appeared as he hoped it would.